2011年12月14日 星期三

To Miss X

Klin Cheng
Apr 22, 1986 

You came to my store casually at night or day 
For a taste of food in a short stay 
Yet I expect the visit to be made everyday 
Because each time you show up you smile in a charming way

I believe you enjoy not only food delicious 
But also a heart that is pious 
And a manner that is gracious 
So I would like to make my offers righteous

I suggest to serve you with pen in addition to pan 
Thinking it will be your spiritual gain 
Yet I'm not sure if it is the right thing for you to entertain 
Because your ambiguous smiling convey meanings up to ten

To put an end to the guessing game 
Maybe I should have asked you for your name 
Yet doing it in a secular way is to me a shame 
Because I have long made the thing sublime my life-time aim

Indeed I take you as a lady that is utmost noble 
That's why sometimes I spoke to you with voices a little tremble 
Yet I keep longing to meet you in a quiet chamber 
Because I know then and there I would no longer be humble 

I believe one day for some reason you'll cease to appear 
Making my missing for you last year after year 
Yet I remain wishing to write you by calling you "my dear"
Because it’s my inner voice I want you to hear

By now my passion has been rushing to a peak 
And my saturated soul is asking for a leak 
Yet for help I can't resort to the Greek 
Because I have been waiting for your turn to speak

So, as long as you come now and then 
I'll make my food, spiritual and material, ready no matter when 
Because my wish is to let you remember 
The story of the mind is forever

And I hope at my naked heart you won't be horrified 
But only ask why

沒有留言:

張貼留言